Relocation is an important and exciting event. Sky Mover, will do everything to make it a stress-free experience, offering additional packing and storage services, and advice, where necessary. We hope that this list of relocation/packing tips will help you prepare for the move.
Relocation Tips 1 week before your move
- Finish packing all non-essential items
- Put all important documents in one box or bag which you will move yourself (Eg: passports, driving licenses, wills, birth certificates, insurance papers, cash and jewellery)
- Defrost and clean your fridge and freezer.
The Moving Day
- The day has come, leave the hard work to us, but there are a few things you will need to take care of.
- Be present when the movers arrive and answer their queries when necessary.
- Check the condition of your belongings as they are being loaded.
- Perform final checks before leaving your home
- Don’t start unpacking. Give yourself some time to relax. The most hectic part of the move is over.
- If you have requested an unpacking service, please assist our staff to ensure that items are placed in the appropriate rooms.
- Our staff will remove the majority of debris from packing materials. We will then arrange for a convenient day to collect back the carton boxes and refund the deposit so they can be recycled.Please contact Sky Mover via the number on front of the box.
Packing – You should start packing your items a few weeks before moving day, and make sure everything is in order. Label boxes clearly, and pack essential items only in the last few days.
Packing Materials – No matter how small your house might seem, you will probably need more boxes than you would think. You can buy a wide range of packing supplies from Sky Mover. Get bubble wrap and newspapers to wrap fragile items individually. Tape, used papers, scissors, and a marking pen will be needed.
Inventory – Keep track of the items in each box. This way you’ll know right away where you can find anything while unpacking and a detailed list is important.
Organise – A single carton box should ideally contain similar items. Try to fill a box with items from individual room, and pack one room at a time and label every box clearly.
How to pack – Heavier items should always be placed at the bottom and lighter items on top to prevent damage. Fill up all boxes, but do not overfill. Cartons that are underfilled can crush when another box is placed on top. Close every carton and seal with tape to avoid damage. Avoid loading more than 20 kgs into one box. Don’t forget to label each box.
Personal boxes – Every person should pack a box with the items they’ll need right away in the new house. This box should be loaded last and unloaded first. Keep personal and valuable items with you– Do not pack official documents, passports, financial documents, cash and jewellery. Keep these items with you, as these are not easily replaceable.